If you are a wartime veteran or the surviving spouse of a wartime veteran, you may be eligible for the Department of Veterans Affairs’(VA) “Aid & Attendance” pension which can help pay for home care. We work with the HERO CARE Program of Modern Senior Services Home Care Agency and can assist you in the application process to obtain your pension through the Aid & Attendance pension fund and begin In-Home Care Services before the VA processes your claim.
The Hero Care Program was developed to provide all of our Veterans & Surviving Spouses the ability to maximize their pension and bring full awareness of this VA benefit and to start In-Home Care Services with NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE to our Veterans. This is an exclusive offering of Modern Senior Services and we are NOT part of any government agencies and are NOT affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
To qualify for the HERO CARE Program, a Veteran or Surviving Spouse will need to meet the following criteria: 1- Military Service; 2- Medical Condition; 3- Money.
- 1. Military: Must be a Veteran or the Surviving Spouse of a Veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime, with an Honorable Discharge ( Persian Gulf War Veterans must have two years of active duty)
- 2. Medical: Must have a non-service connected medical condition causing a need for assistance with the activities of daily living ( ADL’s), such as Bathing / Dressing / Grooming / Feeding / TOILETING / PERSONAL MOBILITY. A physician must verify the medical condition.
- 3. Money: Must have limited income & assets, not including Home & Vehicle.
The Department of Veterans Affairs defines war periods as:
- World War ll: December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946/li>
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975. Veterans who served February 28, 1961 through August 5, 1964 must have served “in the country” ( Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990 – date to be prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or law. Must have served for two years.
We can provide the following care every Month for Life
Surviving Spouses up to 50 Hrs.
Married Couples up to 90 Hrs.
Married Veterans up to 120 Hrs.
NO OUT of Pocket EXPENSE to our VETERANS
SERVING THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED FOR US